The world of Ayurveda has labelled honey as the best natural ingredient for several preparations. It states that natural or raw honey has many nutritional properties, and it serves various health benefits. Its antibacterial, antioxidants, vitamins, and other health-promoting properties can cure various health issues. Ayurveda also suggests that it should never be heated or cooked as it can take the form of a toxin which is hard to remove from the body. One can buy Ayurvedic honey online also.
Benefits of Honey
In Ayurveda, honey is one of the most valued ingredients. Its antibacterial and other healing properties have made it so valuable not only among Indians but in Egyptians too. The following are some of the purposes of honey:
- Dressing of wounds– Earlier, it was considered the best natural medicine to dress wounds. Nowadays, it is also used as ingredients in Human medicines. There are certain types of honey-like unprocessed one which can work wonder on wounds and ulcers.
- Allergy treatments– Honey is also useful for the treatment of allergies. People suffering from allergies can use locally grown honey for the treatment of their allergy problems.
- Cough treatments– Honey is one of the best remedies when it comes to the treatment of throat irritation and cough. Even WHO claims that honey works best for problems like throat or mouth irritation and cough. Honey forms a protective layer which further helps in relieving the irritation.
Nutritional properties of honey
The following are the nutritional properties of honey:
- Rich in Carbohydrates and natural sugar– Carbohydrates are a good source of energy, and their intake is especially suggested to athletes. In such cases, honey is quite effective as it is rich in both carbohydrates and natural sugar like glucose and fructose. These both will provide energy to the human body for a longer duration.
- Contains essential minerals– Ayurvedic honey contains all the essential minerals like iron, sodium, calcium, copper, etc.
- Contains phenolic acids and flavonoids- Phenolic acid and flavonoids are the types of antioxidants. These antioxidants can be found in honey. These antioxidants are quite useful in fighting with radicals which can cause serious issues.
- Contains necessary enzymes– Honey contains many necessary enzymes required by our body. Our body requires proteins that are created enzymes. These get supplied from honey which contains 18 amino acids.
Treatments with the use of honey
Honey is a natural gift that can cure many health problems. It can be used for the following treatments:
- Honey is a helpful remedy when it comes to the treatment of constipation. It should be taken with lukewarm water and lemon in the morning before food for effective results.
- It is also helpful in the treatment of problems like obesity.
- Honey is helpful for heart health. The doctors always suggest heart patients to have honey with lukewarm water and lemon for the effective working of the organ.
- It is a good source of energy which is why it is recommended to athletes and old age people.
Ayurvedic honey comes with several benefits and properties. It is a natural gift that holds the potential to treat many problems. So, it must be added to our diet for effective health results.